7 Great Tips To Save Money on Car Parts and Maintenance
Taking care of your car maintenance can be very rewarding if done properly so here's a list of seven tips that can help you save money on your car parts and service.
1. A well tuned car can has a fuel consumption from 25% to 33% lower than a poorly tuned car making a tune-up cheaper than driving without it, tuning your car for better performance can save you between $150 and $250 per year.
2. Regardless of the number of miles the manual recommends a oil change and filter change you should change them every 3,000 miles. This is one of the most important factors in your engine's life since it's going to prolong your engine's life and you're going to save on engine car parts. The potential savings are $500 to $3000.
3. Dirty air filter means more gasoline used and reduces the engine's life so you should check it regularly, maybe monthly. The air filter can be cleaned by blowing it with a hose or can be replaced. You can save about $130 per year..
4. Using steel-belted radial tires can increase the number of miles you make per year by up to 10%, saving this way about $130 per year.
5. Most cars, don't work better on premium gas, so, unless your car is pinging or knocking you shouldn't use higher octane gas. If your car doesn't have a high performance engine, using the gas that best suits your car's engine can save you $200 to $400 per year.
6. Having under inflated tires makes your engine burn about 6% more gas so make sure you check your tire pressure regularly.
7. If your tires are improperly balanced the tread on them will be destroyed. In addition, your suspension and shock absorbers can be damaged leading to more expense on car parts and service. Balancing your tires once a year can add thousands of miles to their life.
About the Author
At http://www.mbsautoparts.com you will find discount part prices on millions of domestic and import Auto Parts and oem parts.Cheap Mercedes Parts, BMW Parts, Porsche Parts. Our discount prices on domestic and import truck and car parts and accessories are unbeatable.
Written by: Ispas Marin
Like this article? 7 Great Tips To Save Money on Car Parts and Maintenance