Tips for Finding a Perfect Olympus Camera Bag
Camera bags are widely available in different colors, sizes, designs, shapes, functions, and materials. This is an essential equipment for photographers as it makes their jobs easier, it allows them to have a place where they can arrange their equipment as well as protect them from the elements. Not only are camera bags more stylish today, they also are integrated with the latest designs and materials allowing them to be lightweight and durable.
If you have photography as a hobby and you own an Olympus Camera, then it could help if you follow some useful tips provided by professional photographers.
1. Assess initial requirements. The design should be accessible and compatible to an Olympus camera to provide the proper fit and protection.
2. Give enough time on your selection process. There are important factors that must be considered to find the best variety of camera bag for you.
- If you are after the way it would be carried or transported, then you must choose from a wider selection of various styles: strap shoulder bags to carry it over your shoulders, funny-packs or belt-bags can be strapped around your waist, customized backpacks are designed to carry heavy photo equipments comfortably even in rough terrain, and there are photocases which are either hardcases, tropicalized, watertight, or even designs that are able to float.
Camera bags are considered ideal if it includes a fair, wide, and non-slip padded strap. The strap must encircle the camera bag rather than being attached on its toplid and can be adjusted to fit your body. The handle should be rugged enough for carrying it off your shoulders.
- Figure out the camera bag size by taking all the equipments and laying it on the table. Separate it according to the frequency of usage, "always or often used" and "less used". The first category will determine the bag's size. Most photographers will prefer the medium-sized bags approximately 14x8x10 inches (WxHxD). It could accommodate two cameras, flash units, several lenses, and few varied accessories such as cleaning kit, pen, notebook and others.
- If you are a beginner, start with a small useful design, however for larger Olympus camera models, choose the 10x8x8 inches capable of holding one unit of camera, 2 to 3 lenses, some useful accessories, and films. You can also consider the belt bag type which is more comfortable and easily accessible.
Two small or medium sizes of camera bags are appropriate rather than a large bag which can be difficult to carry when it's fully loaded. In this case, choose a backpack for carrying telephoto lenses. Dividers or partitions are also essential in organizing your camera bag, however avoid the cardboard partitions because it's not durable.
- Checking the materials used and its workmanship to ensure quality. Materials that are considered as premium materials are DuPont Cordura, and ballistic nylon. Other options could be canvas, and leather. Go for a minimum of 600 denier bags. ( Denier is the strength and thickness of the material)
The zipper closures must be protected from rain and the teeth are fairly made of metal. Its sliders have a two way opening for quick access. Examine if the seams are well-stitched and sealed from moisture having reinforced edges and bottom.
3. Review prices. Beginners are advised to keep away from camera bags with lower prices regardless of its expensive looks. Remember that its price can never meet the cost of high quality materials.
Keep in mind these helpful tips and enjoy your time in searching for a Olympus Camera bag which would perfectly meet your camera bag needs.
Like this article? Tips for Finding a Perfect Olympus Camera Bag