Disney Cruises: Taking Your Kids on a Vacation
Have you ever wanted to take your kids on a vacation but is unable to find a place or a kind of activity that would suit their needs?
Having a vacation on a cruise ship will provide your family all the fun and excitement you need on a vacation. You will enjoy every activity that cruise offers and cruises also consider their younger guests onboard.
They have programs and activities exclusively for kids. Some cruise lines provide entertainment for kids of all ages. They have programs and activities like, coloring, face painting, story telling, playtime for toddlers and other kids.
They also have activities that are suitable for older kids, like video games, arcades, parties and more.
Booking in floating resorts are one of the best ways to get your kids to have fun on their summer vacation. You might have noticed that kids get bored easily doing the same activity everyday on their vacation.
Kids are very active and boredom will only get them restless and will start to explore. If you took your kids to Disneyland before, then you have an idea of what kids want.
Walt Disney Company offers cruises for the whole family to enjoy. The Disney Cruise Lines has two cruise ships, the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder.
Both of these cruise ships have most of the amenities and services found in other cruise lines except that it has no casinos. It is designed to be friendly for the whole family.
Both ships look identical with their designs, but it has a few differences in entertainment venues and restaurants.
Both the cruise ship’s design has designated areas specifically for various age groups. It has areas for toddlers, young children, teens and adults to ensure maximum enjoyment for the whole family.
The Disney Cruise Lines are the first in the industry to build a ship from the keel up exclusively for family entertainment. These family cruise liners have a goal of accommodating both adults and kids.
Both family cruises depart from Port Canaveral, Florida in the Disney’s Art Deco terminal. They have different packages that offer a stay at Walt Disney World Resort before and after the cruise.
There are so many reasons why you should take your family on a cruise with the Disney Cruise Lines. Here are some of them:
• They can play with their favorite Disney cartoon character
• It has great kids programs
• It has areas specifically built for kids and teens
• There is a variety of entertainment every single night
• The flexibility of the package can combine theme park packages and Disney cruises.
However, you should not expect that the ship would look like Toontown. The interior will look classy with the Mickey Mouse character can be found all over the place.
The food in Disney Cruise Lines, as with any other cruise liners, is superb. They have menus ranging from formal to casual dining. Here are some of the restaurants available in the Disney Wonder:
• Palo Restaurant – It is an adults-only restaurant, which serves first class cuisines from North Italy.
• Animators Palate – This restaurant has black and white decorations and paints. The cartoons on the wall will eventually become colorful.
• Ice cream stations – Kids and adults alike can grab a scoop of ice cream.
• Casual Buffets – This is perfect for family that would want to have quick meals.
Like an all-inclusive resort, kids can get food and drinks all day long free. However, sodas are not included. Kids can have their occasionally soda if you buy a soda package.
There are many facilities and programs in Disney Cruise Lines where you and your family can enjoy. They have pools for adults, for the whole family, and even an exclusive swimming pool for kids. They also have movies that you can enjoy watching while you are in the pool.
The programs for kids are endless. Your kids will be amazed on what they will find on every corner of the Disney Cruise ships. Here are some examples of activities for kids of specific age:
• Oceaneer Club – This activity is for kids aged 3-7 years old. They can dress up as a pirate or a brave captain and play with cartoon characters of Disney that will visit.
• Teens-only Getaway – This room has many activities that teens will enjoy. It has a lounge area, internet connection, DVD’s, games, and more. Teens can also take up special programs like photography or videography.
• Castaway Cay – Teens can go on an adventure with biking, kayaking, and snorkeling. You should sign up fast for this activity for it sells fast.
You can enjoy more entertainments with your family in Disney Cruise Lines. It has theaters that can accommodate more than 900 people and more.
Consider booking in Disney Cruise Lines when you are planning to spend your vacation with your family.
Like this article? Disney Cruises: Taking Your Kids on a Vacation